Improve knowledges of wild bee species
The lack of information on the populations present in the territories of the five regional Natural Parks is an obstacle to the commitment of effective management and conservation actions.
Itis a question of evaluating the diversity of wild bees by major types of environments on a set of sites within the 5 Pnr of the Region and to define the floristic processions that are favorable to them. An initial state is carried out upstream of the management actions (action 2 Restoration of habitats favourable to wild bee populations)andthen monitoring is continued throughout the project, thus making it possible to evaluate their effectiveness.
For this, 2 trapping techniques are used :
- Thetechnique of colored cups : 3 cups of colors (White, blue and Yellow) placed on priority habitats for the conservation of wild beilles. They are laid and recorded every month throughout the period of appearance of wild bees, from March to October.
- The net technique: along transects, detected individuals are caught with a net.
Transmit good practices to citizens and professionals of the territory
The objective is to share the challenges and methods with the actors of the territories (professionals, elected officials, citizens …) through awareness-raising, information and training actions for local actors.
In particular, the following are planned:
- The creation of a website dedicated to the Life Wild Bees program;
- Training offered to professionals in our territories for a better consideration of wild bees in their practices;
- Entertainment offered to the general public;
- The installation of information panels on action sites and strategic places accessible to the public;
- The production of video reports presenting the project, the territories of the five parks and the actions carried out;
- The creation of thematic information leaflets;
- A feedback seminar;
- The writing of scientific and popularization articles.
All the methods, tools and production carried out in the Life programme are made available with the aim of spreading good practices outside the territories ofthe SPN.
Support municipalities towards a change of practice
The main objective is to create a dialogue around communal pollinating biodiversity. It is a question of setting up a collective approach by sharing things together. This is the project of the inhabitants of the commune who make proposals arbitrated by the municipal council.
As the keystone of this project, a communal garden is co-built with the inhabitants. It highlights the different communities of wild bees that can be found in natural environments and the interactions between insects and plants. A space in this communal garden is dedicated to the establishment of an orchard or a shared vegetable garden.
Develop and structure a proposal for seedlings ans seeds of local origin
The management and restoration of ecological corridors favorable to wild pollinators must be within the reach of all the actors of a territory (elected officials, citizens …). The project aims to create a mixture of seeds specific to each biogeographical region of Nouvelle-Aquitaine by relying in particular on the Végétal Local brand.